Thursday, February 3, 2011

Backblogged: Miriam's 4th birthday

For those of you still gracious enough to be checking our blog, thank you and I'm sorry.  I feel like I'm always apologizing about being behind.  But even if no one ever looks at this, I want to have this record of what has been going on in our lives at this stage.  Thanks to the encouragement of a sweet friend who is catching up her blog, I am less embarrassed about how far behind I really am here.  Anyway... I wanted to document and share a few things about Miriam's 4th birthday back on October 13, 2010.
Miriam picked a treat from our Fairies Cookbook (Thank you Aunt Hannah):
Marshmallow Pops 
(I intentionally left out the additional fairy-esque part of the name)
 Those of you who know me well know that I have basically NO creative ability or artistic tendencies, so this was a big leap for me.  I was really pleased with how they turned out.  While I was making them (during naptime, of course!), God gently reminded me of how when I was pregnant with Miriam I didn't feel like I knew how to be a mommy to a girl.  For some reason, I'd always pictured myself as a mommy of boys.  So, as God always does in his perfect wisdom, he blessed me with two girls before I became a mommy of a boy. And then He showed me that even I - in my uncreativeness and unartisticness - can make Fairy Princess Marshmallow Pops for a 4th birthday party.
Then we used a pie pumpkin from our CSA as a base for four pops holding one candle each.
 Isn't she precious!

 Boring presents from Mommy and Daddy... clothes and shoes!  ;)
 
The next day, Miriam received a special delivery from Grandma and Grandpa - 4 big pink roses complete with a pink polka dot ribbon!

That weekend, Grandma and Grandpa Steele came for a visit and we had a real birthday cake to celebrate.  Those are the birthday girl's four little fingers in the picture - totally by accident!

3 comments:

The Bible Family said...

I'd say you have some creativity running through you! Who would have thought to put marshmallow pops in a pumpkin! lOVE IT!

evie said...

those pops are awesome!!! way to go steph! i love how happy miriam looks in that picture of her sitting at the table with the pops in front of her. precious!

Anonymous said...

You're an incredible mother.